Getting help to adapt your home


Did you know you could be eligible for financial help to get your home adapted?


That means you could get funding for things to help you stay in the home you love – everything from handrails and grabrails to wetrooms and fully-adjustable kitchens.


If you are elderly, disabled or have a long-term health condition, you have the right to have a ‘care needs assessment’ carried out by your local council’s social services team. Following this, you may be given help through Disabled Facilities Grants to install features which will make it easier to get around your home.


The level of support available depends on what adaptations you may need, and work will be carried out by trusted experts, like official home improvement agencies like us.


Work could include:


  • Widening doors
  • Installing ramps
  • Lowering bathroom and kitchen facilities
  • Installing stairlifts
  • Adapting heating systems and their controls
  • Replacing baths with walk-in showers


Even if you aren’t eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant, your local council may be able to find alternative solutions to help you.


For more information, see your local council’s website.